“Trying to increase sales simply by driving more traffic to a website with a poor customer conversion rate is like trying to keep a leaky bucket full by adding more water instead of plugging the holes.” - Bryan Eisenberg
Overview of Conversion Optimization
Conversion Optimization or Conversion Rate Optimization is the process of creating websites or landing pages strategically with the goal of increasing the conversion percentage of website visitors to customers. Conversion Optimization involves analyzing the behaviour of consumers, focusing on what motivates a particular market segment to react in a certain way to various marketing elements, and advises companies on how to adjust their marketing and sales mix in response.
The process of Conversion Optimization starts with quantifying the numbers for each marketing campaign you run online. Different campaigns will track different kinds of conversions.
For Example: –
Online Retailer – For a retailer, these numbers might be the number of orders the retailer receives in one month or the average order value during the same period.
Lawyers / Law Firms – For a Law office, it might be the number of website inquiries or the number of new cases signed up.
Information Websites – An online news site or magazine website might track the number of subscriptions or how often stories are viewed.
Conversion optimization is an iterative process. You start by understanding your market and making assumptions about how your market interacts with your website. You then adjust your marketing and sales processes to test these assumptions and to measure how your market actually responds. A properly designed campaign, site, collection of web pages, and checkout process will give your prospects the information they are looking for and will increase your chances of converting them.
Why is Conversion Rate Optimization important for your website
There are several reasons for running conversion optimization activities on your website, we have mentioned the most important reasons below: -
One of the biggest advantage of running conversion optimization activities on your website is that you get more customers without having to spend any additional funds on your advertising efforts.
Edge over your Competitors
Conversion optimization helps give your business an edge over your competitors. A small and significant increase in your profit per visitor can substantially increase your businesses profitability and success.
Increase in Profit
Even a modest increase in conversion rate can have a significant impact on your bottom line. A small percentage change of even 5% to 10% in conversion rate can mean the difference between making a profit and a loss.
Benefits associated with Conversion Rate Optimization
Conversion Optimization activities are of great importance to businesses dependant on Free or Organic traffic from Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines.
Some of the Benefits associated with improving your Conversion Rate are:
- You can generate more business and make more money with your existing website traffic.
- Since your website is more appealing to visitors, you have more websites interested in linking with you. The more sites that are linked to you, helps you to achieve better page ranking on Google and eventually that helps increasing the number of visitors to your website.
- Your customers perceive your site to be more credible and that increases the chances of your website getting a higher retention rate of customers, which ultimately results in getting a large amount repeat business.
- Increased conversion rate will dramatically improve cash flow and profitability, which can be used for further improving website traffic through online and offline advertising programs.
Our Conversion Optimization Services
SEO Elementz conversion optimization services along with our wide range of internet marketing services have helped our clients increase their website leads and sales in a cost effective manner. We have helped our clients by not only attracting more visitors to their websites but have successfully helped them improve the conversion rate of visitors to customers.
The following is a list of activities conducted by us for Conversion Rate Optimization Services –
- Website Metrics (Analytics)
- User Behaviour Analysis
- Website Design Optimization
- Landing Page Optimization
- Content Optimization
- Multivariate Testing
- Website Optimization/Maintenance
- Reporting / Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
For detailed Information or to Get a Free Quote on our Conversion Rate Optimization services Contact Us today.